Figure out your size
The only measurement you need to figure out before ordering is your seat width: the widest width of your legs and hips. The GRIT Freedom Chair is available in three different seat widths: 16, 18, and 20 inches wide.
The footrest height is adjustable, the seat position can be modified with our available wedge cushions, and other accessories and straps can be added to help you get the perfect fit. Have any questions? Give us a call at 877-345-4748, we're happy to help!
- If you have another wheelchair, measure the width of your wheelchair's cushion.
- If you don't, you can measure the widest distance across your legs and hips while seated.
- Narrower chairs are more maneuverable, so you should select the Freedom Chair closest to your hip width.
- If you are between sizes, we recommend sizing up.
- You can exchange your Freedom Chair for a different size with no penalty within 30 days of delivery, just $99 to cover the shipping both ways.
Choose your model
There are three different models of the GRIT Freedom Chair. They all have the same great off-road performance, but have different features for different kinds of riders.
Best for most riders. Not for riders with hemiplegia or those who are sensitive to vibrations.
For riders with hemiplegia or weakness on one side of the body. Requires one arm and one leg to operate.
Accessorize your chair
The GRIT Freedom Chair has everything you need to hit the trail, right out of the box. There are also accessories to improve the fit, features, and style of your GRIT Freedom Chair.
- Handles: there is a discreet push bar across the back of every GRIT Freedom Chair, but for longer pushes, or extreme wheelchair hiking, our Trail Handles make it easier for you to get a boost.
- Wheels: you can easily change your wheels to match your terrain. Our Sand/Snow wheels are great for loose ground, our City Wheels have push-rims making them great for use around town and indoors, and our SoftWheels suspension wheels help smooth out your ride.
- Fit: in addition to the seat belt which is standard on every chair, we offer foot straps, different footplate shapes, cushions, and anti-tip bars to help you fit comfortably and ride securely.
- Style: our colorful lever wraps help you show off your personality and help you be seen on the road.
Accessories are compatible with all models and versions of the GRIT Freedom Chair. You can add them at the time of order, or at any time after you receive your chair.
Choose your payment method
Credit Card or PayPal
This is the easiest and fastest way to get rolling. We accept all major credit cards, as well as PayPal. Head to our shop page, add your model and accessories to your cart, and checkout.
We offer flexible financing plans with no credit check required. Our payment plans have a down payment and spread the rest of the payments over 12 months.
A number of organizations, including GRIT, provide financial assistance to buy adaptive equipment like the GRIT Freedom Chair. Click to get matched with grants you qualify for.
Riders have used crowdfunding sites like GoFundMe and YouCaring to raise money for their chairs. We're happy work with you to find a fundraising option that fits your needs.