Steering Pegs attach to the front wheel and allow riders to steer the chair with their feet. The included velcro straps can hold each foot in place. Note: Use of Steering Pegs requires lower-limb mobility, as this accessory controls the front wheel of the GRIT Freedom Chair.
When should I use this accessory?
- Sloped roads: Steering Pegs make it much easier to maneuver, even on crowned roads!
- Hemiplegia: If you have a "strong side" and a "weak side," use the Steering Pegs to keep your chair rolling straight.
- Tall riders: Stretch your legs out all the way to the front wheel for optimal leg room.
How tall do I have to be to use this accessory?
While everybody (every body) is different, we've found that Steering Pegs are best for folks who are 5'3" and taller. Some folks 5'3" or shorter can place a cushion behind their backs to help themselves reach the pegs. If you're not sure if you'll be able to reach, ask GRIT! And remember, this accessory is supported by the GRIT Guarantee, so if you get them and they don't work out, you can send them right back to us for a refund.
Materials and Specifications
- Materials: Industrial-grade velcro, molded plastic, rubber
- Assembly and Installation Guide: Please contact GRIT for this guide
When will this ship?
- Expected to ship in 1-2 weeks. If ordered with a GRIT Freedom Chair, everything will ship together! Please refer to the lead time on the product page for that chair.
General Accessory Information
- Not sure if this accessory is what you need? Try it in confidence with the GRIT Guarantee
- Covered by the GRIT Warranty
- To shop all GRIT Freedom Chairs and accessories, click here
- To see GRIT Freedom Chairs in action click here
- Contact GRIT at 877-345-4748, email@example.com, or use the chat bubble at the bottom of this page!